About this blog:


Part recipe review, part food critique, and all detailing the ups and downs as I make some serious dietary changes in an attempt to better manage and control my autoimmune disease, Psoriatic Arthritis and psoriasis. (Note: I am not using diet alone to treat my disease, but to improve my daily life).

Monday, August 19, 2013

Days 18 & 19 Gluten free product review

We usually eat leftovers on the weekend, so I thought I'd take a moment to fill you in on a couple of gluten free products I've tried.
I found this product when I was grocery shopping with my children at Central Market.  My son was begging and begging for cocoa puffs.  I don't generally like to buy sugary cereals, so I told him we could try to find a healthier version.  I glanced up and down the cereal isle and came upon a gluten free cereal, Barbara's Puffin honey rice puffs. I looked at the box suspiciously, but grabbed it and thought I would be adventurous and give it a try.  I have always heard these types of gluten free products are a little disappointing, so I wasn't super anxious to try the cereal.  The box sat on my counter for a couple of days before I finally tried some.  OH MY GOSH, this cereal is delicious!  It is sweet and crunchy and made with all natural products, I think I'm in love.  

My husband surprised me with this next product.  He said he read about it on the internet and wanted to get me a box to try.  (He is such a sweet guy.)  He found these cookies at Trader Joe's.  They are gluten free oreo-like cookies.  If you bite into them expecting them to taste just like an oreo, you will probably be a little disappointed.  They can certainly satisfy a craving, but they aren't an oreo.  The first bite is pretty tasty, however as you continue chewing the texture gets a little strange.  It is a little like they cookie part is made of highly compressed crumbs.  My children ate them, and didn't complain at all, in fact they asked for more!  Overall, they were good, but definitely not exceptional. 


No comments:

Post a Comment