About this blog:


Part recipe review, part food critique, and all detailing the ups and downs as I make some serious dietary changes in an attempt to better manage and control my autoimmune disease, Psoriatic Arthritis and psoriasis. (Note: I am not using diet alone to treat my disease, but to improve my daily life).

Friday, August 2, 2013

Day 2: Eating Out!

I feel like a bit of a doofus.  I realized today that I started my 30 day challenge on the wrong day!  The idea was to start on the first of August, I actually started on the 31st.  I cheated myself out of an extra day of bread and ice cream!  Now that I've cleared the air about that, and simultaneously kicked myself in the rear we can get back to the nitty gritty of the challenge.

I had the distinct pleasure of enduring dental work this morning, so I skipped breakfast. By, lunchtime I was starving!  We stopped on Corner Bakery on the way to taking the kids to the Aquarium for the day.  I was a little nervous about whether or not I would be able to find anything to eat.  I opted for the Soup/Salad combo with Tomato Soup and the chopped salad minus the cheese.  I begrudgingly gave my bread and to the kids and chowed down.

After a long day at the Aquarium we headed back home.  My plans were for everyone to eat leftovers, but I think my husband felt bad for me and went to the store to get some take home sushi!  MMMMM  no dairy or wheat in those!  And it was delicious!  Besides, what can you eat after a whole day of staring at fish?  The kids taunted me with leftover homemade pizza, but miraculously I stuck to my guns. 

I spent a good portion of today thinking about pasta.  Ohhh, how I wanted some pasta.  Google saved the day though!  I found out that Whole foods carries some gluten free pasta made from brown rice.  I may give that a whirl if I get desperate enough.  I try to avoid too much processed food as a rule, but man oh man do I love some pasta!  Stay tuned for a review of the pasta!   I think I'll put that on the menu for next week.  

All the time I spent fantasizing about fettucini and ravioli led me to wonder about whether or not Wheat is addictive.  If found this information on on Mark's Daily Apple very interesting.  Is Wheat Addictive?

No comments:

Post a Comment